Sunday, October 16, 2016

Clearwater Beach, post #6

Clearwater Beach, Florida was by far one of the most beautiful places I've been. I went on my senior spring break to this destination with my two friends, Mackenzie (brown hair) and Madelyn (blonde hair). We went with their families and stayed in a 5 story house and we actually had a whole story to ourselves! There were amazing views throughout the city and the beach was absolutely flawless. I was so blessed to have gotten to spend my senior spring break here.
To start out, the beaches here were mesmerizing. The sand was white as snow and the water was crystal clear and incredibly blue. As you can see in the photo above, I am not exaggerating at all on how beautiful the beaches are. Along the shoreline, there are just miles of shells that you can scavenger through. It was super cool because we actually all found a full sand dollar and hoped it wouldn't shatter on our travels back home.  We would lay on the beaches and tan and just laugh at how burned we were all getting. Our beach house was within walking distance to the beach so we got to come and go as we pleased so that was awesome for us and super convenient when we wanted to eat or nap!
Another fun experience was running to the pier each morning. My friend Mackenzie and I took the two mile run before we started each day and it was relaxing and fun for us. The pier also was a huge attraction at night. That week, there were vendors covering the whole pier, all the way to the end. Also there was entertainment each night, which made it even more interesting and fun to walk down there and see what it had to offer. In the photo underneath, that was one of the entertainers, who dressed and played the part of a pirate! There was also people doing stunts, paintings, and hair braiding. The pier was just an incredible attraction and helped make our trip full of fun and a different adventure each night.
Clearwater Beach also had fun things going on during the day. In the restaurant pictured above, there was live music and everyone working was super kind and funny. We went to eat at a different restaurant each time and they all had a memorable aspect and great food! Restaurants there were usually beach style and it was awesome that most of them had an outdoor patio for people to sit on because of the beautiful weather. Good food and restaurants were always easy to come across here.
The final thing I would have to say about Clearwater is that there is always a photo opprotunity. Each night, Wendy, Mackenzie's mom would take us down to the beach to take photos of us. There was a beautiful sunset every night and the tide was always perfect for us. After the sun would set, we would just sit on the beach and talk and laugh. I loved nights like those because we were making memories that would last us a lift time and I'm truly blessed to have gotten to travel with my friends and make our trip so memorable.

4 comments:

  1. Alex, I have been to Florida but not Clearwater, it looks so beautiful and I would love to travel there as well. Do you have a favorite restaurant there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one right on the beach that had live music on the patio but I forgot the name! I will have to look to see what it was called

      Delete
  2. I love Florida also! like you said the beaches are amazing and I agree a %100. your trip sounds amazing and makes me want to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really makes me want to take a couple friends down to Florida and just hang out, with no agenda. I'm so jealous that you guys rented a beach house and had a whole floor to yourselves, that sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete