Thursday, October 20, 2016

Chicago post #7

Chicago has been my favorite place for as long as I can remember. I have visited this city for countless years, and probably more times then I can count on both hands. The beauty of this city and the excitement behind traveling there, gives me the urge to go whenever I get the chance. Chicago has so much to offer and I love spending weekends there with people that I love.
The photo above was taken on the Sky Deck in Chicago. The two girls on the left are my sisters and the one right next to me, is my mom. These girls are who I normally experience traveling to Chicago with. On this exact trip, we went to the sky deck and went to a lot of sight seeing attractions. We also went to a restaurant called Dicks Last Resort, which was one of my favorite parts. In this restaurant, the servers are paid to be cocky and sarcastic towards you. I fit in very well under those circumstances, so I of course, had a blast. I will forever remember this specific time, solely because of that night at the restaurant when the waiter called my mom a MILF. 
This Chicago trip was spent with my three friends and one of their moms. We went more towards Christmas time, which was a really fun experience because the City was decorated beautifully. Christmas time in Chicago is one of my favorite times of all! Well, with 5 girls taking on the streets of Chicago, we did a lot of shopping and mostly just spent time spending money and weaving in and out of shops and stores. Miranda's mom took amazing pictures of us with the City as the back drop and I will cherish those photos forever. I was super thankful that she helped us capture every moment!
The most recent time I was in Chicago, was for my moms birthday. We go to the City for my mom's birthday each year, in august. We stayed in an incredible hotel, just steps away from the Magnificent Mile, which made our girls trip much more valuable because it was so close to the shopping mall and stores alone Michigan Avenue. Also, we visited the very well known Zoo right on the out skirts of the City, which we had never done before. One of our favorite attractions in Chicago is Shedd's Aquarium, which we have gone to every single time we travel there. Us girls love being able to see the animals up close and we even have been able to touch them! One place where we spend a lot of time is the mall. My little sister is in love with the American Girl Doll store and I know that place like the back of my hand. We love shopping and I'm sure you can imagine our handfuls of bags as we leave the Mall. Also, on this specific trip, we went to the extremely iconic Bean. We take a lot of fun pictures at this destination and think it is one of the coolest things to exist. The photo below is my mom and I with the Bean in the background.
Chicago is a beautiful place, that I look forward to visiting every time I go and will be traveling to in the future. The excitement and rush of the City is a feeling I hold onto and cherish forever. I am so excited to call Chicago home someday.

2 comments:

  1. Alex, I loved reading more about Chicago and all it has to offer, I have never been there but it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I have only been to Chicago once in my life and it was on a school trip, so I would really like to go back with some friends and be able to do whatever we want. I also really like Shedd's Aquarium, by far the best part!

    ReplyDelete